Looking out my window
Looking out my window, watching
People, multitudes of people
pass by going on to destinies
unknown to me.
Looking out my window, feeling
Nature, still struggling
to maintain balance
as the rain pounds against
Looking out my window, wondering
Where have all the gentle times gone?
the police car screams by
too much violence in this world.
Looking out my window, gazing
I see all that transpires
in the glistening spider's web.
Looking out my window, seeing
the spider dance 'round
always working to keep its
world from ripping away
in the rain of the evening.
Robert Edmondson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Looking out my window by Robert Edmondson )
- Ms. butterfly, Kenneth Maswabi
- From 'A Severe Lack of Holiday Spirit', Amy Gerstler
- Keep It Simple, hugh everard
- Mental Fixity, Abhinav Baruah
- The Ballad of the 'Clampherdown', Banjo Paterson
- Window of the soul, Arthur Carman
- A Keeping Of Their Protected Delusions, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Lion, Nicholas Vachel Lindsay
- discomfiture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Broken Lullabies, Spiritwind Wood
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Blind But Seeing Eye, Eleanor Best
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning