Desire and romance are its slaves;
Shared by those who are enslaved.
Expressions shown by the prisoners’ raves;
From this imprisonment no one is saved.
Entrapped in its blanket all must obey.
An irrefutable force that initiates constraints,
Submissive actions of affections portray
The dictatorship the language of love in lovers paints.
Love for people, power, romance, and greed.
Behaviors are influenced by love for these things.
There are those who refute and those who heed
But not many can fight the engulfing emotion love brings.
Love is a dictator that manipulates all
Who in its superiority can’t help but fall.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love by Jasmine Hawkins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock
- Miss Taken, Marshall Gass
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz