Love and hate
Love is like water and hate is like a fire.
Love makes the world go round and hate makes it flatter.
In water there is life and in fire destruction.
Love set the world on expansion and hate on extinction.
Love is us and hate is me.
Hate is the door and love is the key.
Love expands age whilst hate dwindles it.
Love is paradise and feels like heaven whilst hate is bottomless pit.
Love is genuine and hate is fake.
They are not colours love is not white nor hate black.
Maybe iam blind but love would be rainbow.
Love is like the first raindropp which come with a surprise than hate which come to suppress.
Hate is seeing in little and love is seeing in surplus.
Tendekai Mugonda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love and hate by Tendekai Mugonda )
- After the Ice Storm, Deborah Eker
- extremely, lee fones
- Confessions of a Cat Lover, Deborah Eker
- Amelia, My Brother's Cat, Deborah Eker
- First Trimester, Donal Mahoney
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Dis poetry, Benjamin Zephaniah
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(15 April 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)