Love and hate
Love is like water and hate is like a fire.
Love makes the world go round and hate makes it flatter.
In water there is life and in fire destruction.
Love set the world on expansion and hate on extinction.
Love is us and hate is me.
Hate is the door and love is the key.
Love expands age whilst hate dwindles it.
Love is paradise and feels like heaven whilst hate is bottomless pit.
Love is genuine and hate is fake.
They are not colours love is not white nor hate black.
Maybe iam blind but love would be rainbow.
Love is like the first raindropp which come with a surprise than hate which come to suppress.
Hate is seeing in little and love is seeing in surplus.
Tendekai Mugonda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love and hate by Tendekai Mugonda )
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
- Sips through lips, Aftab Alam
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)