Love and Wine
How can I forget her, eyes green as spring water cascading down
a mountain side in Norway. Her skin silky as a morning cloud in June
and her laughter was like chuckling pearls of joyfulness.
So much festivities, wine and song, it took time before I noticed
anything was wrong. Rages; tears of melancholy, lover of the night
I became a spectator to a slow downfall. Eddy of too much living
I could not go there I had my own demons to battle.
How rapid her fall, a woman every man could have and I cursed my
eternal cowardice. At her funeral I spoke to her mother we cried for
a beautiful woman we both loved, but were not able to safe.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love and Wine by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar