Some say love is an ocean
That encourages one to explore.
Some say love is the void inside
That leaves one searching for more.
Some say love is an obsession
That cannot be denied.
I say love is the flowers in a garden
And you their only light.
She who lives in a four corner space
Will never spread her wings.
She whose afraid to take a chance
Will never pursue her dreams.
It's she who shuts down,
Takes comfort in the pouring rain,
And the heart afraid to open
That never learns to deal with the pain.
I say love is the honesty of your heart
That guides me in a world out of focus.
Love is the warmth of your arms
That holds me when I'm at my lowest.
Love is the kindness of your words
That turns my tears into wine.
Love is the strength you give me
To live a life that's all mine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Is by Monique Martin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- last day, Ewa Busayourmi
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...