Love Is Death
Dry petals, broken filaments and anthers
Make mockery of my balcony,
These frowning flowers tell poignant tales.
On Val’s eve, they bloomed. Their scents wafted
Beyond my rooftops as love; now, death is theirs and on me,
They also beckon.
Death hides its face in love’s lyrics
As these songs melt my heart; I follow
The tides and crash in the arms of death,
This love is death; I’m free from its embrace.
When love storms the hearts of men,
What weathers it?
When the hearts of men break in love’s battlefield,
How are they healed?
Death knocks on our hearts after love’s sting.
This ticklish passion sang Calypso’s dirge
As Odysseus bade her farewell; Romeo and Juliet
Embraced death in love’s paradise; Love is death and
Death is love. Let it flee, I shan’t sing its songs.
Echezonachukwu Nduka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Is Death by Echezonachukwu Nduka )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The deterioration of a mind, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Exoplanet, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Homemade Common Sense, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Good, The Bad, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Form Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Radiance, Hannah Bryson Price
- Sea Returns, Neela Nath
- Soon, Joseph Walden
- the news anchor told us to sit tight and.., Mandolyn ...
- The Truth, Asit Kumar Sanyal