Because the road was steep and long
And through a dark and lonely land,
God set upon my lips a song
And put a lantern in my hand.
Through miles on weary miles of night
That stretch relentless in my way
My lantern burns serene and white,
An unexhausted cup of day.
O golden lights and lights like wine,
How dim your boasted splendors are.
Behold this little lamp of mine;
It is more starlike than a star!
Joyce Kilmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love's Lantern by Joyce Kilmer )
- Heart Strung, Joseph Walden
- It is time, Charity Nduhiu
- A Rainbow holder, Antonio Liao
- The Marketplace, Tony Adah
- Sailing Midnight, Steven Rhoads
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal