Where I was base as is the lowly plain,
And you, my Love, as high as heaven above,
Yet should the thoughts of me your humble swain
Ascend to heaven, in honour of my Love.
Where I as high as heaven above the plain,
And you, my Love, as humble and as low
As are the deepest bottoms of the main,
Whereso'er you were, with you my love should go.
Were you the earth, dear Love, and I the skies,
My love should shine on you like to the sun,
And look upon you with thousand eyes
Till heaven wax'd blind, and till the world were done.
Whereso'er I am, below, or else above you,
Whereso'er you are, my heart shall truly love you.
Joshua Sylvester's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love's Omnipresence by Joshua Sylvester )
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi
- Into The Pocket, Edward Kofi Louis
- Umhayele Izinkondlo ezimnandi, senzokhaya umhayi
- A Visionary, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ezandleni zengelosi, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ungibonisile, senzokhaya umhayi
- I had a Dream..., Suzette Richards
- The new Don Quixotes in our time, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis