o friend! come listen to my love tale.
it will make you fret & turn you pale.
to narrate this ordeal, i am too weak.
so let all my wounds speak.
the cruelties of my loved one.
who ruined my life just for fun.
how deep are my wounds you see,
how cruelly they bashed me,
once who promised to hold my hand,
now by my side, they dont even want to stand.
once who swear to keep me happy,
now all they show is apathy.
once who promised to fulfill my need.
now on mourning they dont pay heed.
once who tried not to make me sad,
now when i toil, they feel glad.
once who smiled on my giggle,
now always they niggle.
who always wanted to banter,
now all they do is slander.
what changed them so much, i wonder?
what made them so cruel, i ponder?
this is my love tale, o friend!
such cruelties must be far from your ken.
Arfa Iris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Tale by Arfa Iris )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(September 16, 1925 – August 22, 2011)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- We Are Hearts Of Life, Naveed Akram
- Glisten & Wait, Nika McGuin
- Paddy Murphy Is Fred Astaire, Donal Mahoney
- Forgiveness, Eugene Latumbo
- Wrapping Paper, Bows, and You, Nika McGuin
- The imperfect world, Cyrus Shaftang
- Marriage, Marlin Nightingale
- Ruins الاطلال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Your eyes, Leong Ming Loong
- Studentship., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..