o friend! come listen to my love tale.
it will make you fret & turn you pale.
to narrate this ordeal, i am too weak.
so let all my wounds speak.
the cruelties of my loved one.
who ruined my life just for fun.
how deep are my wounds you see,
how cruelly they bashed me,
once who promised to hold my hand,
now by my side, they dont even want to stand.
once who swear to keep me happy,
now all they show is apathy.
once who promised to fulfill my need.
now on mourning they dont pay heed.
once who tried not to make me sad,
now when i toil, they feel glad.
once who smiled on my giggle,
now always they niggle.
who always wanted to banter,
now all they do is slander.
what changed them so much, i wonder?
what made them so cruel, i ponder?
this is my love tale, o friend!
such cruelties must be far from your ken.
Arfa Iris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Tale by Arfa Iris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A cigar aficionado, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Heartless, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- A Certain Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Being Enriched, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If we meet again, Mellinda Aimee Jajalla
- Wondering How To Find Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Luna ii, binod bastola