o friend! come listen to my love tale.
it will make you fret & turn you pale.
to narrate this ordeal, i am too weak.
so let all my wounds speak.
the cruelties of my loved one.
who ruined my life just for fun.
how deep are my wounds you see,
how cruelly they bashed me,
once who promised to hold my hand,
now by my side, they dont even want to stand.
once who swear to keep me happy,
now all they show is apathy.
once who promised to fulfill my need.
now on mourning they dont pay heed.
once who tried not to make me sad,
now when i toil, they feel glad.
once who smiled on my giggle,
now always they niggle.
who always wanted to banter,
now all they do is slander.
what changed them so much, i wonder?
what made them so cruel, i ponder?
this is my love tale, o friend!
such cruelties must be far from your ken.
Arfa Iris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Tale by Arfa Iris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be childless., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- दंङ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...