Sadness and sighing, lie in bed together, crying,
There is no need to be upset, he said; but softly,
I am here for you, please, let me stay,
your fears I know would go away,
For I will smooth your brow and comfort you,
I will be with you until The days new dawn,
And when you lie in slumber, I will be there too,
My love will be a blanket, and protection from the storm.
She turned and looked at him with sadness,
the hurt inside would never wane
to forgive him would be nought but Madness,
But how else could she ease the pain?
It is too late, she said, the time has past,
My trust in you, is dead, my hopes dashed,
She had found him in the arms of her closest friend
The bond was broken, loves tragedy, it's end.
Damian Cranney's Other Poems
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loves Tragedy by Damian Cranney )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan