M.E. (Mental Exercise)
by the future and unknown.
Only that what lies ahead stresses me,
you can tell by my tone.
Year after year,
I end up in the same place.
Thus far I have accomplished
so so many tasks put in front of my face.
This life of misery
is no longer bothersome.
An yet, it's leaning more
So far I've looked to
strangers for comfort and trust.
Now why shouldn't I accept candy
from he or she
that is the most handy?
Confused by my logic
people have suggested suicide.
I'm not gonna lie-
so have I.
But besides my boldness and pride
I can't be that selfish
for there are others I need to
mentally and spiritually provide.
Is this a trait
of a true man?
Most can't fathom
But with the right exercise.
I will be the best that I can be.
Apollo Chandler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (M.E. (Mental Exercise) by Apollo Chandler )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE فوق صخرة ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Today I Watched A fly, Kyle Schlicher
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak