Close companions they seem to be
I could be jealous
Though it’s not for me.
Close together they stay so tight
I could be envious
But it wouldn’t be right.
From high above they stare right down
I could get dizzy
Though I have the ground.
From any distance they seem in love
I could be ignorant
But I’ve understood.
So much to learn in love it’s true
They could be our teachers
Though they fly high in the blue.
So open your eyes into the sky
You could play blind
But you’d be telling a lie.
Daniel Murphy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Magpie by Daniel Murphy )
- The Sky Above, vikram adhikari
- Burton & Taylor, Bill Grace
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The inward echo, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Be A Man With Humanity, gajanan mishra
- Wild Thyme Of Bearded Hogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- For Time Was Deep, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Cant Have You, Tracee Olga
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)