I was filleting a mackerel when I found a finger in its innards
not much left of it looked like a prawn shell with fingernail,
I said nothing dipped the fillets in flour and deep fried them
served with cucumber salad, boiled potatoes and melted
butter, just the way they like it in Sweden.
The finger was spotted again amongst all the stuff to be thrown
into the bin. great commotion, I said nothing, but have not since
been eating mackerels, they apparently feed on fishermen.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Man eater by oskar hansen )
- My thoughts amid choas, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Am Alive, Akhtar Jawad
- O My Songs, Madhav Sarkunde
- Detester's haste, Hamisi Miriti
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi