Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu
MANDELA: A Spell Of Liberty.
Madiba Madiba Madiba! ! !
Rise a god among your kind,
Thou fearsome dragon of the south,
The raging star of liberty.
Your tongue is a rushing lake of fire
Unleashed to the sudden demise of Apparthide's beast.
Mandela- a true giant of freedom's nest
Your many battles were un matched in history
A true heroe of the masses
The mighty worrior of middle earth.
You are the prince of hope
You are the priest of light
The champion of victory for the weak
In your path was the seed of justice sown.
Twenty seven thunder storms shall strike
Twenty seven rainbows will arc the seven realms
Twenty seven trumpets will roar in the firmaments
When the ancestors shall rise to honour your twenty seven great sacrifices for our freedom.
As you take your place among the great watch
So may it be that the 'Africa' you leave in your wake
Truly shall stay in hard earned freedom!
Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MANDELA: A Spell Of Liberty. by Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu )
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)