Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu
MANDELA: A Spell Of Liberty.
Madiba Madiba Madiba! ! !
Rise a god among your kind,
Thou fearsome dragon of the south,
The raging star of liberty.
Your tongue is a rushing lake of fire
Unleashed to the sudden demise of Apparthide's beast.
Mandela- a true giant of freedom's nest
Your many battles were un matched in history
A true heroe of the masses
The mighty worrior of middle earth.
You are the prince of hope
You are the priest of light
The champion of victory for the weak
In your path was the seed of justice sown.
Twenty seven thunder storms shall strike
Twenty seven rainbows will arc the seven realms
Twenty seven trumpets will roar in the firmaments
When the ancestors shall rise to honour your twenty seven great sacrifices for our freedom.
As you take your place among the great watch
So may it be that the 'Africa' you leave in your wake
Truly shall stay in hard earned freedom!
Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MANDELA: A Spell Of Liberty. by Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu )
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)