Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu
MANDELA: A Spell Of Liberty.
Madiba Madiba Madiba! ! !
Rise a god among your kind,
Thou fearsome dragon of the south,
The raging star of liberty.
Your tongue is a rushing lake of fire
Unleashed to the sudden demise of Apparthide's beast.
Mandela- a true giant of freedom's nest
Your many battles were un matched in history
A true heroe of the masses
The mighty worrior of middle earth.
You are the prince of hope
You are the priest of light
The champion of victory for the weak
In your path was the seed of justice sown.
Twenty seven thunder storms shall strike
Twenty seven rainbows will arc the seven realms
Twenty seven trumpets will roar in the firmaments
When the ancestors shall rise to honour your twenty seven great sacrifices for our freedom.
As you take your place among the great watch
So may it be that the 'Africa' you leave in your wake
Truly shall stay in hard earned freedom!
Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MANDELA: A Spell Of Liberty. by Olugbenga Itunu Ogunderu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be Drunk In Love ~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery