The great endurance of life.
Turning back tides.
Hearts and souls cleansed from within
Through faith, communication, and exercise.
Freed from the accumulated stress of life.
Starting up again, fresh...new.
The personality replenishment of a warm, sunny day.
Hopes we chase over rainbows.
Elusive, yet within our stretch.
The heartbreak and the healing,
The character building within the emancipation.
The fury and the rage.
The daily challenge to replenish
The will, the desire, the strength
For the seemingly insurmountable mountain climbs,
For the marathon struggles that numb and break any will power to go on.
This great endurance of life.
This magnificent daily rebounding of spirit.
william upton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marathon by william upton )
- টিপ্পনী, Pijush Biswas
- You Put The 'Fan' In Fantastic, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Heartache, Liendang Hmar
- Paper Wing, Liendang Hmar
- Like a Candle In The Wind, Liendang Hmar
- Story Line, A.R Evangelista
- Make a living but fail not to live, Bashyam Narayanan
- The Price I Pay, James George
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
- May our friendship last forever;, Cheryl .J Barclay
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)