Masked Woman at a Poetry Reading
An ache in her gut,
her faith in existentialism
more numb than lost,
she clings to the romantic fantasy
that Lacan is her biological father.
Louis Lacan, Jaques Lacan,
any Lacan will do.
She is emaciated, possibly anorexic,
and addicted to migraines.
Her face is adrift with pain.
Salt spills from her nostrils.
She labels herself 'a closet Luddite',
yet spends twelve hours a day
on the internet. She can only
achieve orgasm in graveyards.
Her type is common.
Some would say generic.
David Kowalczyk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Masked Woman at a Poetry Reading by David Kowalczyk )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bereaved, Susmit Panda
- True love, Einar Johan Wetaas
- Incredible Semi-final of 2014 FIFA World.., rajendran muthiah
- Roller Coaster, Jeffrey Lee
- A Late Night Dream, Jeffrey Lee
- Leaving The Campus, Think of I Taking To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty