Some memories reminds us of a melody,
It encapsulates us in its lovely cocoon,
Woven of silk and threads of maroon.
It pulls us to its core, and pampers
Just like a baby caressed by her mother,
Wishing her to smile in peace and lull.
It swings us on its lap, singing.
Unaware we dance in its tune,
Rejoice; being sorrow immune.
Some memories are like songs of separation,
It plays with a thud and bouts of despair
Eyes weep, hearts cringe, and longs a repair.
It breaks down the youth in us,
And makes us feel, breathless.
The lump in the throat that it forms,
Slowly and quietly transforms, engulfs.
Memories are like tiny droplets of water on a string,
Some falls apart as soon as formed, at the rim.
some refusing to leave, remain really very long,
others refusing to leave drift away with time; along.
Anupa Subramanian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MEMORIES by Anupa Subramanian )
- Post-postmodern Love, Md. Ziaul Haque
- To You... My Precious being, Niken Kusuma Wardani
- Who can Love You More than Me?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You have Made Me Yours, Md. Ziaul Haque
- हाबाब सना, हाबाब मैना, Ronjoy Brahma
- When I will not be Here…, Md. Ziaul Haque
- I VISIT MYSELF, ROCHISH MON
- Water Can Speak!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The Eye-Catcher, Naveed Khalid
- It's Shakespeare [Sheikspeare] not Sexpe.., Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)