Memories Good, Sad and Bad
Some memories are good,
some memories are sad;
some memories are bad,
almost nightmarish in fact.
The good ones make you smile,
the sad ones make you cry,
and the bad ones make you frightened.
However, memories are memories
no matter what they are.
They are incidents of your past,
some of which you wish
never happened at all.
They are the memories
you try so hard to forget.
Unfortunately, the brain
cannot distinguish from good, sad and bad,
and the memories it throws up
are not always, what you want.
21 November 2007
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories Good, Sad and Bad by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Poet's Right, Francie Lynch
- Act 1 scene 1 Romeo, Juliet and there me.., lee fones
- Look East (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Homage to the Korean Comfort Women (Regi.., Ronald Chapman
- cos the blues, ' TAKES ' - redline bluel.., sEaN nOrTh
- Emptiness, Ronald Chapman
- A Wonder to be Seen on the Han River (Re.., Ronald Chapman
- A Moment's pause, David Whalen
- Almost Forever, Ronald Chapman
- Ice Queen - Yuna Kim Homage (Regional), Ronald Chapman