Have-beens went into fury.
Like silkworms, after the shock
spinning the myths around them.
Then the gossip will turn towards
the words, locked in extra
The gametes move in a chasm,
needling the pastoral scorn.
From the barrel of a gun flows the religion.
Spreading the thighs and baking
the sweet croissants. Will the honey
heal the wounds?
Of centuries? Moon god to moon god
under the swaying palms
man still cannot bring the house in order.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MOCKINGBIRDS by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera
- I Wish You Well, Midnights Voice
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI