The modern man is intricate,
With ceramic and wine rolled in,
Gorgeous countries line up for him,
Swinging centuries are prior to him,
Licking their meat when his tongue
Is that of a rogue who munches meat.
My modernity is not like his,
For the magnificent eat of him,
For he is richer than I.
Studious and shiny, the battle wages on
With smacking face letting us
Be university in a second.
The modern man composes his song
Like a leader of the whole decade
As the years connect after they roll.
One well-made year seems
Apology, one mania drives another.
Lick then the face of a man in rich events
That switch into richer joys of splendour.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Modern Man by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman