once a moment ago
thinking of putting my thoughts into words
and a thought comes to me,
of a moment, thousand moments past.
that moment, the thoughts.
moment of dreams, of love, of childish affection.
a moment so blinded.
a moment so compromised.
passed, the moment of childish fear.
passed, the moment of accomplishment.
passed, the moment of warning.
passed, the moment of moment-less waiting.
thus, came a moment, only a few moments past.
an unexpected moment, the moment of betrayal.
the moment that let me down, clouded by anger,
the moment of truth, the moment I've lost.
a moment, so short, a fraction of a second.
a moment where love turned to anger.
a moment where anger pulled the strings.
a moment that i almost lost a friend.
a moment of harsh reality, a moment of deliverance.
a moment that saved me, from a moment better off without.
a moment when the anger faded, the moment that i realized i was wrong.
a moment where i set things right, a moment of relief.
full of thoughts, full of moments.
drowned in sorrow, filled with regret.
i stay another moment, and put myself together.
waiting for the moment.......waiting for the end.
Vidula Randunu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moments by Vidula Randunu )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- all the sun does is stare at my faults, Mandolyn ...
- If I seem, Rodney R. Cooper
- Mojo, Morgan Michaels
- The Tiny Beauty, Zoila T. Flores
- Christmas Tree Ornaments, Frank Avon
- Wasted Words, Kela LewisMorin