Rainer Maria Rilke
I have great faith in all things not yet spoken.
I want my deepest pious feelings freed.
What no one yet has dared to risk and warrant
will be for me a challenge I must meet.
If this presumptious seems, God, may I be forgiven.
For what I want to say to you is this:
my efforts shall be like a driving force,
quite without anger, without timidness
as little children show their love for you.
With these outflowing, river-like, with deltas
that spread like arms to reach the open sea,
with the recurrent tides that never cease
will I acknowledge you, will I proclaim you
as no one ever has before.
And if this should be arrogance, so let me
arrogant be to justify my prayer
that stands so serious and so alone
before your forehead, circled by the clouds.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dedication by Rainer Maria Rilke )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Allegorose: Children - Life's Most Preci.., Dr John Celes
- Mandelstam's Ghost Returns Too Early, mary douglas
- OUR MOSQUES ARE GREAT PLACES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Blue Distances Don't Make Me Cry the Way.., mary douglas
- Capture the Beauty, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- 'My true love', Wolfie Scott
- I Am the True Giselle She Said, She Did .., mary douglas
- Azul, mary douglas
- My Revenge, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Savior', Wolfie Scott