Mother, I miss you. I still call your name.
Since you've been gone, I'm not the same.
Mother, I need you here with me
or me with you which has to be.
Mother, this pain goes so deep
I cry day and night and scream in my sleep.
Mother, please make it go away
Make it stop. Somehow, someway.
Mother, I'm sorry I cried a tear
yearning you, wish you were here.
Mother, come take my hand
guide me to that promise land.
Mother, yes, I long to be
asleep with you, eternally.
Rene' Bennett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother by Rene' Bennett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI