A mother is there, if you're in need
unconditionally she loves you, and she cares.
A mother's love is there, for you to share,
and her kisses grace your face and fall like gentle rain,
if she could she would wipe away all your pain,
and sacrifice herself all the same.
A mother knows you better than you know yourself,
remember she fed you from her gentle breast,
and carried you most of the way, and still carries you come what may.
A mother cannot be replaced, or be there forever,
but the important lessons you have learnt will leave you never
you were taught to try, and learnt to strive, a mother's love will never die.
christina henry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (mothers love by christina henry )
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)