Mothers Teach Your Sons
Mothers of the earth awake!
Open wide your eyes;
Let your hearts be open,
to every daughters' cries.
Babygirls being brutalised,
in vile insanity;
Their innocence shredded,
Daughters' burnt at kitchen fires,
just for money's sake;
Let your voices now be heard,
Don't forsake her to the stake.
Sisters hounded on the streets,
Mere objects to be owned;
Silence is a mortal sin,
to never be condoned.
Mothers, teach your sons,
Respect and Gentleness;
Stronger men protect -
Acts of blessedness.
Mothers, scold your sons,
Don't raise them to be Kings;
Teach them consideration,
and the healing that it brings.
Mothers, raise your voices,
for every silent tear;
Let this be your battlecry,
for the daughter that you were.
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mothers Teach Your Sons by Roann Mendriq )
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher