MR BIG TOE MEETS OPAL OCTOPUS
Big Toe notices eight legs sticking out of the sand,
he goes over and gives Opal octopus a hand.
Opal was washed up close to shore,
Big Toe introduces himself and hands her an ore.
Opal says "Hi, and starts to smile, "
they start to laugh and chat for awhile.
Opal says she is friends with Majesty and Sarah Star,
Big Toe replies "I ate with them on Tuesday
at Dave's Restaurant which is not far."
"It is only down on Lake Ave. in downtown,
it is the best eating experience I have found.
Opal replies back, "That sounds like you all had a fun day,
I will have to find them and bring them back your way".
Then Opal jumps back with her eight legs into the sea,
she waves to Big Toe and yells "Thank You Big Toe,
I will say Hi for you to Sarah Star and Majesty."
Written by Sue Chevalier on May 11,2012
Sue Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MR BIG TOE MEETS OPAL OCTOPUS by Sue Chevalier )
- Be a man, devon da poet
- Bright Star, JJ Evendon
- O lord Jesus, I've dragged your name in .., devon da poet
- Recession to Poverty, Roger Bussey
- Our Life, Roger Bussey
- Iconography, Frank Avon
- Memories of the Past, Roger Bussey
- Fellow Poet, Saiom Shriver
- My First Taste of Love, Roger Bussey
- My True Love, Roger Bussey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Ardella, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)