Herbert Nehrlich (04 October 1943 / Germany)
Came the Rabbi to the Abbey, met the Abt,
said Abdubai you disturbed me so I snapped.
Though the Rabbi wore a habit he was not
spending time inside the Abbey on the pot.
Often monks smoked funny grasses and they brewed
making life so much more pleasant, less subdued.
It's a funny and exotic life indeed,
even holy men are partial to the weed.
Poet Other Poems
- ......Of GOLD?
- .....The Wedding Of Mardi Gras And Panto...
- .....when I'm sixty-four?
- ....and many happy returns
- ....for being late
- ....Und Lache, Lache, Lache
- ...And Carry A Big Stick
- ...Not Far From The Tree
- ...wise to be humble
- 10 Haikus And Some Wisdom
- 1961, And Later (Haiku)
- 2009 Happy Birthday Jerry Hughes!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.