Komarraju Venkata Vinay
Musings By Sea: Country
My hallowed land needs
Not muscles alone but manliness
Not passion but patience:
More than sympathy she needs sacrifice.
Not idle-worship but industry
Not words but willingness:
More than people, participants.
Not knowledge but action
Not admirers but administrators:
More than faith she needs faithfulness.
Not speakers but truth-seekers
Not intellect but initiative:
More than hands she needs hearts.
Not caste-ity but chastity
Not lives but love:
More than gods, godliness.
Komarraju Venkata Vinay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Musings By Sea: Country by Komarraju Venkata Vinay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Scent of the Rain, Steven Rhoads
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki
- Because of intimacy, gajanan mishra