My Dear Friend
She is in her hospital bed,
slowly her tears begin to shed.
She thinks about last night,
about her actions in the fight.
She has had a break down,
after years of wearing this frown.
She wanted things to go away,
She just didn't know what to say.
She was scarred and confused,
but now it's another story of abuse.
Now the blame has no home,
and she is all alone.
The doctors give her more meds,
tell her for a while home is in the hospital beds.
She gets angry and sad,
doesn't know wether she should be confused or mad.
But that girl,
doesn't need to be judged it's just another life twirl.
Kirstie Duekett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Dear Friend by Kirstie Duekett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Esperanza, Luc Leclaire
- Down, sEaN nOrTh
- In Just One Week They Said That You Were.., mary douglas
- Bible Thumpers and Fuzzy Bumpers, Monk E. Biz
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi