My Dear Friend
She is in her hospital bed,
slowly her tears begin to shed.
She thinks about last night,
about her actions in the fight.
She has had a break down,
after years of wearing this frown.
She wanted things to go away,
She just didn't know what to say.
She was scarred and confused,
but now it's another story of abuse.
Now the blame has no home,
and she is all alone.
The doctors give her more meds,
tell her for a while home is in the hospital beds.
She gets angry and sad,
doesn't know wether she should be confused or mad.
But that girl,
doesn't need to be judged it's just another life twirl.
Kirstie Duekett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Dear Friend by Kirstie Duekett )
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen