My Dream And You
And I saw you
Were moist as they looked into mine.
When the sky is full, dark and grey
It supposed to rain.
But yours didn't,
Water never trickled down soft steep cheeks.
We were in class
In one desk both you and I did stand.
We were not alone
The sbject matter though.
What could I do? So
I glued and brushed my cheek and yours.
Still I looked into those eyes
Were full of tears restrained.
Oh, Anita I don't like that look, I breathed.
I went again.
I wrapped this time your neck one arm
And sat we down.
We bended so foreheads slept on arms
On the desk,
Just like students slept in class
Shortly, I felt an arm around neck
Ours different, we were glued by arms.
I felt your pain you felt little
Because we shared in fifty-fifty ratio.
I felt the pain, yes.
Here the dream ends.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I dedicate it to Anita, my good friend.
Comments about this poem (My Dream And You by Kelvin TakyiBobi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- TRUST COMMITMENT & LOVE, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- Jayprakash's Black-mouthed Hanumans, Bijay Kant Dubey
- bamwar4.com, joelcruz cruz
- Smolt-flour, Stratis Havarti
- No quarrel, please, gajanan mishra
- Taking A Break From Your Busy Schedule, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yesterday and today, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neither dull nor grey, maryline vautravers
- Interviewed, Nassy Fesharaki
- What Can The Heart Do If It Falls In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gypsy Songs, Ben Jonson