My future sounds like it so far away
but it gets closer to me each and every day
Im not sure on what I truly want to be
Everyone around is just confusing me
I promise my family and friends;
I will pursue a career.
But im always getting distracted by my peers.
The things that say seem to always get to me.
But in the future they will eventually see.
They'll see that my hardwork will pay off
They'll be begging my for help on my paid days off
Im smart but at times I refrain to use my brain
If I dont decide to now; Ill go insane.
As Im writing Im thinking about my future life
Whether someday the man of my dreams will call me his wife
So I'd better make up my mind
And prepare for my future! .
Rashidah Writs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My future by Rashidah Writs )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Bologna: A Poem About Gold, James Arlington Wright
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai
- The Sunprincess, Akhtar Jawad
- Movement incidental, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Before Storm, Luo Zhihai
- Fate rules the outcome., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Cheap labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- Feed the ego, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.