Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
My 'Get Up And Go' Just 'Got Up And Went'
My ‘Get Up and Go’
Just ‘Got Up and Went’
It wasn’t intentional,
It must have been Heaven sent.
I wanted to go shopping since early morn,
It did not happen, it was adjourned.
I stayed in to write several poems today,
So, I’m doing my shopping, late in the day.
I’ve not much to buy,
Just, a few bits,
Of food for the Weekend,
And my Shaver Heads.
Without them I’m lost,
I’ll grow a new beard,
I’ll not look so pretty,
Some may call me weird.
I do grow beards, when I choose to do,
They’re liked by some, but hated by few.
I must end this poem, continue on my way,
Write more tomorrow, or later today.
© Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 8 December 2005
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My 'Get Up And Go' Just 'Got Up And Went' by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov