My Little Toy Soilder
This poem is dedicated to my eldest brother Col.Parag:
Just a little toy soldier,
forced to fight,
told to kill,
cold at nights.
You eat so little,
you've been on a run.
You have a family that loves you waiting at home
Though, you continue to fight,
You're there for your country.
You're so strong you've been through so much
surrounded by the bodies of whom you may love.
You might not agree with why you are there
you still fight, though it's not fair
With confidence you hold your head high,
for your a proud soldier with so much pride!
Pritisha Sardesai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Little Toy Soilder by Pritisha Sardesai )
- Love don't have no name on it!, Shirley Morgan
- There Was A Time, Kyle Schlicher
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Here I Am, Kyle Schlicher
- Destroy hunger, gajanan mishra
- Treachery is a Treacherous' Red, Aftab Alam
- I'll Be There, Brandon Ezzard
- DESIRES, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Vast open, hasmukh amathalal
- He Is My Default, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)