Garland Jodie Jeen
My Melting Snowman
>Your finger points to the highway
cars at high speed i'm afraid..
whenever there is a running race
i get the last prize by reaching the finishing line late
it's too late to give you a say..
Your finger is just a spray,
but man, I believe you.
You're another robot? You're too cold to be one..
You can't be time-tested, not to mention a legend.
I know now; you point a way for me to go
Want me to leave you...can i leave you be?
then you melt...
I 'm still walking further away from you.
I think to myself; you're the only benevolent man with a pointed nose
those, according to fairy tales, who have a pointed nose are wicked.
I think to myself; you're the only snowman with a warm heart
i don't even believe that snowmen would have a heart...
you're the exceptional.
I still miss you,
and i look back.
and i run back to you,
hugging only empty air...
Garland Jodie Jeen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Melting Snowman by Garland Jodie Jeen )
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid