I stop and chat with my neighbour nearly every day.
He greets me with a smile and asks me what I have to say.
He is always pleasant and he never makes me feel sad.
When I ask him how his day is, it’s always not so bad.
Life is what you make it and he is doing the best he can.
He’s not like other people, doesn’t make him any less a man.
He has a moral conscience and he’s part of our community.
Don’t look away and pass him by with feelings of impunity.
He is the same as all of us but could use a helping hand.
It’s time to step up to the plate and make a conscious stand.
Next time greet him with a smile and a friendly kind of nod.
I’m sure if you ask him, he will say please just call me Rod.
Rob Hyden *in plain sight*
Rob Hyden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY NEIGHBOR by Rob Hyden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Willow Tree, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Not Slowing Down, Maverick Jones
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 6, john chizoba vincent
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 5, john chizoba vincent
- Let me ask you, Sagarika Julka
- Sunset Point, Neela Nath
- Time To Rise, Maverick Jones
- Where to?, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Batasia Loop, Neela Nath
- In The End There's Just Me, Noah Body