My world is my faith,
I hold it so true;
Explains to me the hate,
Turns my doubt to clue.
My world is my family,
Always there like a stain;
Nurturer of my destiny,
My cover in the rain.
My world is my love,
The beauty of my soul;
Higher than above,
You’re perfect and you’re whole.
My world is my talent,
It proves me like a scent;
Adds to my intentions salt and savour,
And makes way for my thoughts.
My world is my hobby,
The tastiest style of play;
Companion that may be
When boredom comes to stay.
My world is my quest,
The fight I must win;
The heartbeat in my chest,
The very best I bring.
JOSEPH ABUTU's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My World by JOSEPH ABUTU )
- Though I mayst fall, Sir Toby
- FUTURE GROWING DISMAL, Donald R Charon
- S. Truett Cathy - In Memory, Bill Grace
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)