We sat in the park a packet of fags and
a bottle of wine, on the back of a napkin
I wrote her a poem of love.
While struggling to find the right words,
I hardly know her, she fell asleep, wine
of good quality can be strong.
I counted my cigarettes, had five left
but saw the light of a night bar, so I left
her there sleeping, went and had a drink.
When I came back she had left, my poem
written on the clean side of the napkin,
was on the ground torn to shreds.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mysterious Encounter by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dictionary, manthra har
- Car trouble, manthra har
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Lit Summers Sky, Lilly Emery
- After the Equinox, Francie Lynch
- Who Calls It That You Are Corrupt And Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey