Never A Drug-addict Be
A lad went to a chemist
With a big medicine list
Where one puzzling item
Wasn't familiar to him.
'A tablet for happiness, '
Never in his business,
He heard of, any time,
Was that unusual item.
However, he gave a small tablet,
That no where anyone could get,
What the lad ate and thought,
Of no more stress to worry about
The brain, a drug can knock off
And give him a momentary take off
To an unknown distant paradise,
With no pride or prejudice.
But to the hell he'll return,
To fall back again to yearn,
For that hours of happiness lost,
And take the drug till his days last.
Happiness comes not from outside,
But is generated in the heart inside,
With no stress or over-strain
To the God-given wonderful brain.
The charm on objects whatever
Material stays not for ever.
It's in the everlasting spiritual mind
An eternal happiness one can find.
Never a drug-addict be,
Nor go after momentary glee,
But in the divine path see
How happy you're going to be?
Rajaram Ramachandran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never A Drug-addict Be by Rajaram Ramachandran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Gold Star Mother, Charles Hancock
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Prime Truth - 91, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz