Never Give Up On Life
Never give up on life live for as long as you can
That goes for every woman as well as every man
We only live once at life no second chance
So why not be happy and laugh, sing and dance.
Never give up on life though you are aged and gray
And live for the moment and enjoy every day
Our time is too short for worry and woe
The sad sacks of the town few do wish for to know.
May your last day be your hardest as some are known to say
For the weeks hurry by and time keeps ticking away
We are only mortals like the sheep or the cow
And we only can live in the here and the now.
The great gift of life is a marvellous thing
And it's praises we ought to feel happy to sing
Your crosses may be hard to bear but why wish to die
Since none know of a hereafter and the facts never lie.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Give Up On Life by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote