New Limericks (6)
There once was a lady named Pru
she was smitten with what we call sprue.
On the day she ate corn
all her polyps got torn
and she covered the doctor's shoe.
Miss Sawatsky came in for her piles.
She had travelled for hundreds of miles.
When the nurse crossed a wire
Miss Sawatsky caught fire
and the piles all dropped down on the tiles.
When the Vicar of Alcatrez sneezed
his abdominal reflexes squeezed
like an oat eating horse
there was plenty of force
only very few people were pleased.
When the president asked his dear wife
whether she was aware of the strife
that Saddam was behind
that they'd certainly find
of the weapons at least a big knife.
A patient, age ninety, named Flo
had a pimple right on her popo
when she saw my sharp blade
she turned lighter, a shade
but she did stay awake through the show.
When a gallon of chemo had dripped
through the cubital vein Robert quipped
if the cancer cells scat
I shall be a dead cat
but the doctor was very tight-lipped.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Limericks (6) by Herbert Nehrlich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Drug Department, Joshua Poteat
- Six Winged Angel, John Lima
- Calamity And Vanity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- is Special Lust Your Addiction?, LUVinThe NOW
- Never feel shy, hasmukh amathalal
- I LOVE YOU, Now, Let's Take Out The I an.., LUVinThe NOW
- Keep faith, hasmukh amathalal
- open fire on me, Marco Angelo
- Fall on death, hasmukh amathalal
- BECAUSE OF YOU, Colin Ian Jeffery