New Year resolution.
On this lovely winter's morn,
I took my daily constitution;
and reflected thereupon,
my New Year's resolution.
To do away with hurt and strife,
to cause the thoughts of war to cease;
to initiate the joys of love,
to bring about the gift of peace.
To promote forgiveness, and to forget,
to bind the wounds of one another;
to treat all people with respect,
to treat all men, as your brother.
To pray, to laugh, to be content,
to elevate one's holy soul;
to recognize deficiencies,
get rid of them and make one whole.
To lend a hand when it is needed,
to bend a bit, but not to break;
to share the spirit with each other,
to honor God, for heaven's sake.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Year resolution. by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- गु बाजिबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- A sense of destiny, Mark Heathcote
- Love Is In The Air, Johnny Goyena
- A knight errant!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I am free to having, gajanan mishra
- Does Anyone Want Beautiful Poems Cried t.., mary douglas
- Largest house., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Tears Of A Rose, Electric Lady
- I am satisfied with this life, gajanan mishra
- Misogyny, Pius Didier