New year's resolution
Making a new year's resolution is a funny thing,
You might come up with one in the year's last evening,
over some shots of booze and over that hilarious kick,
you might even decide 'ENOUGH OF BEING A FREAK! ! '
'GET A LIFE' that inner voice, you are not able to bear,
You know that voice which always appears at the end of the year.
'NOT A S**T OF A DAMN TO THOSE CHICKS ANY MORE'
The rebellion inside you hiiting your core..
I mean, you spent a deal of the year chasing..
Well not chasing but yeah lamely gazing..
At those funky girls who really didnt care,
if you were a geek or some kingdom's heir,
'THAT CRAP OF A YEAR AND DIDN'T IT SUCK? ?
HELL IT DID, BUT WHO NOW GIVES A FLYING F**K! !
No more browsing porns or comments about your profile looks,
Its high time to look for your forgotten text books..
And that evening, yeah that is the day,
When you remember what your dad had to say,
About your study expenses and YEAH THAT MORTGAGED LAND,
And all those heavy words that you can never understand.
You might even take a paper and start to calculate,
Your expenses, incomes and some unpredicted rates.
The credits to balance and the debts, you have to fill,
Hell of expenses BUT THE INCOME IS NILL! !
Ah! ! this might panick you or hit bad your sense,
And you try too hard not to think about your attaindance,
F**K with that bitch,
Ah! Ah! too lazy to plan, too lazy to choose,
This evening is there and there is the booze,
Give up with the resolution cause somewhere you know,
The year to come shall again go,
Goofing around, haphazardly spending your bucks,
That guarranted feeling that it shall suck.
But who gives a damn in this beautifull evening,
coz you know a new year's resolution is a funny thing..
coz you know a new year's resolution is a funny thing.
Bijay Poudel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New year's resolution by Bijay Poudel )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra