Margaret Alice Second
Nici’s Gift Poem
Written For My Birthday
It’s your birthday
You’re such a flower girl…
You’re never where you’re supposed to be!
A head full of dreams and all
kinds of fairy things,
You sing in the halls
and sometimes sleep on the couch
but that’s not all.
You wander this house, like a ghost
checking things out. We get a fright
when you appear and scream
Oh dear! ..
A woman is messing in my
room, moving things…
What’s a person
to do with a flower girl
such as that?
Guess there’s only one thing to do
love the girl, well I
guess that’s that.
[Thank you to my daughter, Nici, who wrote this poem
on the envelope of the lovely card she gave me.]
Margaret Alice Second's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nici’s Gift Poem by Margaret Alice Second )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Church Woman (Saint in Progress), Doug Blair
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee
- Word of mouth from the people of audacio.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- House Spiders, Judith Vollmer
- Divine Bird, Somanathan Iyer