Nicole - Part 1: The Pill
Yesterday I thought I was dying,
but today I'm still here sighing.
You see, I met this girl in a bar.
She smiled at me and instead of the bill,
she gave me a pill!
and on it was curved a dolphin,
which looked rather elfin.
Anyway, she was out of town and I was really down,
so when she told me with that I could talk to God,
I thought that's an interesting odd.
So I took it... (To her health)
But there is something here, I fear, I miss.
She must have thought I had a death wish,
because it felt like the Devil's kiss.
And the whole Hell broke loose...
Instead of blood I must have had
some toxic juice.
My veins were hurting,
as if they were melting.
I lost my vision, I could not feel,
I couldn't even stand still
but I was able to talk.
And in the middle of this shock
my thoughts were all
on a beauty named Nicole.
So I gave her a call... (Oh, dear!)
But the night was running long.
Perhaps what I did was very wrong,
because though what I said was true and nice,
I think she mumbled 'I hate you' twice.
Well, the very next morning,
after a couple of cold showers,
I went and bought her flowers.
(I had to apologise)
And oh! now I realise,
she is really gentle (or maybe mad) ,
for to my surprise
she sent me a postcard!
Believe it or not
hope is the hardest dope.
So though yesterday I was dying,
today I'm still here trying.
Niko Tiliopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nicole - Part 1: The Pill by Niko Tiliopoulos )
- Over the river, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Many people, hasmukh amathalal
- Life is funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- America the Beautiful, oskar hansen
- freedom, marriam anderson
- insane, marriam anderson
- A Man Of No Patience, Sir Toby
- Philosophy, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Rose Flower, Akhtar Jawad
- For A Friend, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)