Nicole - Part 1: The Pill
Yesterday I thought I was dying,
but today I'm still here sighing.
You see, I met this girl in a bar.
She smiled at me and instead of the bill,
she gave me a pill!
and on it was curved a dolphin,
which looked rather elfin.
Anyway, she was out of town and I was really down,
so when she told me with that I could talk to God,
I thought that's an interesting odd.
So I took it... (To her health)
But there is something here, I fear, I miss.
She must have thought I had a death wish,
because it felt like the Devil's kiss.
And the whole Hell broke loose...
Instead of blood I must have had
some toxic juice.
My veins were hurting,
as if they were melting.
I lost my vision, I could not feel,
I couldn't even stand still
but I was able to talk.
And in the middle of this shock
my thoughts were all
on a beauty named Nicole.
So I gave her a call... (Oh, dear!)
But the night was running long.
Perhaps what I did was very wrong,
because though what I said was true and nice,
I think she mumbled 'I hate you' twice.
Well, the very next morning,
after a couple of cold showers,
I went and bought her flowers.
(I had to apologise)
And oh! now I realise,
she is really gentle (or maybe mad) ,
for to my surprise
she sent me a postcard!
Believe it or not
hope is the hardest dope.
So though yesterday I was dying,
today I'm still here trying.
Niko Tiliopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nicole - Part 1: The Pill by Niko Tiliopoulos )
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
- Right to exist, hasmukh amathalal
- Dead Leaves, David Lacey
- Brookstones, Cee Bea
- there it is, Bill Cantrell
- Broken Mirrors Haiku, David Lacey
- In the Deserts of Exile, Jabra Ibrahim Jabra
- True Poetry Is Like A Rose, Denis Martindale
- Lovely butterflies Fly by, See I, Harindhar Reddy
- Believe and trust, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Andrew Barton Paterson
(17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)