Geetima Baruah Sarma
She appears bright as ever
At the onset of night,
Steadily wades across the canopy
Amidst the twinkling stars.
Her phases attract the star-gazers
And elegance fascinates the composers,
I stare at her mesmerized,
Admire her queenly grace.
She reigns in the dark hours,
Sprinkles silvery light around...
But her shine fades down
As her benefactor arises -
Majestically from the eastern horizon
To sustain life all around.
She's no match with the reverend,
But in shape and shine during the nights
Oh! She has some moments though
To outshine and prove her might.
She shuns her majesty's brilliance,
Casts a shadow to form a night,
Displays her feat to myriad spectators
Watching the eclipse, a celestial sight.
[Published: 12 December 2010 in 'melange' of 'The Sentinel']
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Queen by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan