Darkness fills the sky. do you know why?
in the country the stars are so bright.
tons of them twinkle like millions of
little lightning bugs flashing their
light at the moon.
in the city it isnt so pretty.
the light of the street lights and buildings
shine oh so bright.
it makes the moon look dull.
the darkness that should be has vanished into nothingness.
you cant see the stars in the sky
for the lights and the smoke rise so high.
unknown cahill's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Skies by unknown cahill )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- See, seed!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Two), Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Met Him, Edward Kofi Louis
- 2 Days After, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Did As I Was Commanded, Edward Kofi Louis
- Disease, decease!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Backdoor Sex, Luis Estable
- Try To Call Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fishing Hole, Ima Ryma
- Whole, hole!, Edward Kofi Louis