Darkness fills the sky. do you know why?
in the country the stars are so bright.
tons of them twinkle like millions of
little lightning bugs flashing their
light at the moon.
in the city it isnt so pretty.
the light of the street lights and buildings
shine oh so bright.
it makes the moon look dull.
the darkness that should be has vanished into nothingness.
you cant see the stars in the sky
for the lights and the smoke rise so high.
unknown cahill's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Skies by unknown cahill )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest
- Our Country, Edgar Albert Guest
- Being Dad On Christmas Eve, Edgar Albert Guest
- Tinkerin' At Home, Edgar Albert Guest