No New Ones
I look at a line of empty seats
where students should be learning.
But where are the students
that used to fill this room.
They have all moved on,
but no new ones ever came back.
15 January 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No New Ones by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
- Dare to speak out loud, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- All Were You, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan