'No One Gets Out Of Here Alive'
Death is not envious, jealous, or proud- She is extreme.
For just the thought of Her, makes us tremble,
And as She draws closer, louder than loud…
You allow yourself time to bleed,
You open your eyes to the
deep, rich flow of Her crimson greed.
You feel your pulse quicken,
As your tears fall and mingle
with the dark red stain-
The human stain.
The doors that you opened,
And the windows to your soul-
Are the words that were broken,
As Death, swallows you whole.
Flesh turns into ashes,
Sunshine turns to rain-
Death takes you into Her arms,
Never to return again.
And the sadness lingers in their hearts and minds,
how will they ever survive.
Just don’t let Her door slam shut behind you…
Because No One Gets Out Of Here Alive!
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
But more importantly, this is about sucide. Over the last several weeks, I have read a number of poems that reflect this, and I'm very concerned. I know that writing is a great release... but so is cutting, huffing, choking, and many other death-like vises that you may choose to endevour... but listen to me... listen to my words-
Reach out to someone. Reach out to Me! If things pile up on you so hard that you feel that death is the only way out...and I will help you find the light. I will be your friend. I will devour your words as sustanance... and share my words with hopes of a smile, a tear, or any thing that makes you feel when you feel like not feeling anything anymore. OK? ; -) -Kelly.
Comments about this poem ('No One Gets Out Of Here Alive' by Kelly Seale )
- Final Devotion, Saiom Shriver
- Goggles and Goggle-Box, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Promises, Madrason writer
- A Daily Paradox; A Lost Masterpiece, Patrick van der Loos
- A Dewy Pearl, Elia Michael
- Creative Animals, vaibhav bhardwaj
- That Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Oziyon Le Dawn living in the sun, Oziyon LeDawn
- Mind Over Matter, Patrick van der Loos
- you're my hard liquor, but soft, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns