Stare through fabric to the wall,
Loosing gaze into the centre of red rose weeping,
Why does it feel as I am sleeping?
Nothing’s so real these days.
I walk within the shadow of myself,
Dance in duel reality,
Black, White, Wrong, Right,
All ghost concepts in this new world of mine.
No time nor space to swim,
Truly No Thing.
With this I could be happy
Though no happiness I’d feel,
Just one moment for a lifetime,
Eternal turn upon the wheel.
Of life all death is ending,
Of death all life begun,
All souls are worth befriending,
All souls into the sun.
We find ourselves at a loss to speak,
Confronted with the world of true experience,
Dimensions folding into one.
Eye sight paralysed,
See into the seer ,
Sing into the sun.
David Lacey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Thing by David Lacey )
- Sonnet: To My Doctor Boss, Dr John Celes
- Awakening, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Ours, Neela Nath
- Abstinence, Angela K Brown
- It Makes You Sad, mary douglas
- Let light be, hasmukh amathalal
- People of the Fourth World, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)