The earth I walk, is where my hatred does stalk.
Further I drown in the dark, looking for a mere spark.
To hatred my heart is a mold, bearing it not to unfold.
Frozen my heart in cold, as it's completely nulled.
This life is nothing but an empty field, where grew only weed.
Where even the sun does bleed, as our needs we can no longer feed.
Only one defense I wield, my hatred and loneliness as my shield.
My origin I did forsake, as it's worthless and fake.
Love and warmth I rake, closest and strongest of bonds I break.
Frozen I lie there, losing the will and urge to bear.
With hatred I have an affair, to life I give up and blare.
Ameed Taha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Title... by Ameed Taha )
- Emotional Hardship, Sandra Feldman
- Untouched, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- A Virtual Life, Sandra Feldman
- Never Ending Dreams, Lilly Emery
- My Soul's Song, Matthew Densley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)